Papers published in International Journals
1. Nambiar, P.T.C., Ravi shankar H.N. and Dart, P.J. (1983) Effect of Rhizobium numbers on nodulation and nitrogen fixation in groundnut. Experimental Agriculture 19, 243-250.
2. Nambiar P.T.C., Dart , P.J. , Rao, B.S. and Ravi shankar H.N. (1984) Response of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L) to Rhizobium inoculation. Oleagineux , 39 (3) 149-155,
3. Ravi shankar H.N., Kennedy, I.R. and New, P.B. (1986) Autotrophic growth and nitrogen fixation in Derxia gummosa. Journal of General Microbiology, 132, 1797 - 1803.
4. Ravi shankar H.N. and Ramasarma T. (1993) Multiple reactions in vanadyl-V (IV) oxidation by H2O2. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 129, 9-29.
5. Ravi shankar H.N. and Ramasarma T. (1994) Oxygen exchange reactions accompanying oxidation of vanadyl sulfate by diperoxovanadate. Inorganic Chemistry, 33, 3788-3793.
6. Ravi shankar H.N., Kalyani, P. and Ramasarma T, (1994) NADH oxidation is stimulated by an intermediate formed during vanadyl - H2O2 interaction. Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1201, 289-297.
7. Ravi shankar H.N., Aparna V.S.Rao and Ramasarma, T. (1995) Catalase degrades diperoxovanadate and releases oxygen. Archives of Biochemistry & Biophysics, 321 (2) 477-484.
8. Ravi shankar H.N., and Ramasarma, T. (1995), Requirement of diperoxo vanadate derived intermediate for the interdependent oxidation of vanadyl and NADH Archives of Biochemistry & Biophysics,. 316 (1), 319-326.
9. Ravi shankar H.N., Aparna V.S.Rao and Ramasarma, T. (1995) Ethanol dependent oxygen consumption and acetaldehyde formation during vanadyl oxidation by H2O2 Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 154, 101 -106.
10. Aparna V.S.Rao , Ravi shankar H.N., and Ramasarma, T. (1996) Vanadium catalysis of bromoperoxidation reaction. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 333 (2)
11. Venkataraman,B.V., Ravi shankar H.N., Aparna V.S. Rao, Kalyani, P., Sharada, G. Namboodri,K, Gabor, B. and Ramasarma, T. (1996) Decavanadate possesses Alpha adrenergic agonist activity and a structural motif common with trans-beta form of noradrenaline. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry,
12. Aparna V.S.Rao, H.N.Ravishankar and T.Ramasarma (1998) Diperoxovanadate participates in peroxidation reactions of H2O2 in presence of abundant catalase. Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1381, 249-255.
13. Natarajan, V., Vepa, S., Shamlal, R., Al-Hassani, Ramasarma,T. Ravishankar, H.N., and Scribner,W.M. (1998) Tyrosine kinases and calcium dependent activation of endothelial cell phospholipase D by diperoxovanadate. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 183, 113-124.
14. Ravi shankar H.N., Sekhar S, Boddupalli, Gaikwad,A.S. and Ramasarma, T. (1999) Survival of rats under cold stress depends on dietary fat. Environmental & Nutritional Interactions, 3, 257-265.
International and National Conference Proceedings:
1. Nambiar, P.T.C., Dart, P.J., Rao,B.S. and Ravi shankar H.N. ((1982) Response of groundnut to inoculation. In CIAT,NIFTAL, ICRISAT proceedings of the workshop on biological nitrogen fixation technology for Tropical Agriculture p 49-55.
2. Ravi shankar,H.N. and Tchan, Y.T. (1983) Methods for the study of hydrogen utilization and nitrogen fixation. in Proceedings of the regional conference on Impact of Microbiology in Tropical Agriculture, Univ. of Pertanian Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur p.19.
3. Nambiar, P.T.C., Dart, P.J., Rao,B.S. and Ravi shankar H.N. and Rao,B.S. ((1984) Response of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L) to inoculation with Rhizobium. In Proceedings of the Seventh Australian Legume Nodulation Conference, University of Sydney, 101 - 102.
4. Ravi shankar, H.N. and Ramasarma T (1991) An NADH - vanadium reductase in yeast . paper presented at the National Symposium on regulatory mechanisms in plant and microbial systems, Dept. of Biochemistry, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India 28 - 31st March 1991.
5. Ravi shankar, H.N. and Ramasarma T (1992) Role of polyunsaturated fatty acids in thermogenesis. 4Th Annual Meeting of the Society for Research on Polyunsaturated Fatty acids, March 5 - 6, CFTRI, Mysore, India.
6. Ravi shankar, H.N., Kalyani, P. and Ramasarma T (1993) The use of 51V NMR Spectra in the study of redox reactions of vanadate. Discussion meeting on Recent advances in NMR, March 15-17, SIF and JNCASR at I.I.Sc. , Bangalore.
1. Received University merit scholarship from the University of agricultural sciences, Bangalore during masters' program.
2. Received Dr. Pal's cash prize award for securing highest grade point average among M.Sc (agri) graduates in Agril. Microbiology during the year 1978.
3. Received Thomas Lawrence Paulette scholarship from The University of Sydney for doctoral degree program (From July 1982 to January 1987).