INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH EXPOSURE
1. Postdoctoral Research Fellow at University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom; August 2008 –Aug 2010.
2. Postdoctoral Research Fellow at University of York, United Kingdom; Feb 2007 to Feb 2008.
1. CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) Senior Research Fellowship.
2. Royal Society of Chemistry - International Fellowship
Best Publications are in Nature materials, Angewandte Chemie, Dalton transations, Journal of material Science (Cover page), Chemistry Materials and Physical Review E.
- Tomokazu Tozawa, James T. A. Jones, Shashikala I. Swamy, Shan Jiang, Dave J. Adams, Stephen Shakespeare, Rob Clowes, Darren Bradshaw, Tom Hasell1, Samantha Y. Chong,Chiu Tang, Stephen Thompson, Julia Parker, Abbie Trewin, John Bacsa, Alexandra M. Z. Slawin,Alexander Steiner and Andrew I. Cooper: Porous organic cages
Nature Materials, 2009, 8, 973.
- C. V. Yelamaggad, I. Shashikala, D. S. Shankar Rao, G. G. Nair and S. K. Prasad; Optically biaxial interdigitated smectic A phase: liquid crystalline dimeric bidentate ligands and their metal complexes
Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2008,18, 2096 (Published as cover page)
- I. Shashikala and D. W. Bruce; Generation of metallomesogens using common ligands functionalized with liquid-crystalline moieties. Dalton Transactions, 2008, 9, 1128.
- C. V. Yelamaggad, I. Shashikala, U. S. Hiremath, D. S. Shankar Rao and S. K. Prasad; Liquid crystal dimers possessing chiral rod-like anisometric segments: synthesis, characterization and electro-optic behavior.
Liquid Crystals, 2007, 34, 153.
- A. Jakli, G. Liao, I. Shashikala, U. S. Hiremath and C. V. Yelamaggad; Chirality and polarity transfer between bent-core smectic liquid crystal systems. Physical Review E, 2006, 74, 041706
- C. V. Yelamaggad, I. Shashikala, D. S. Shankar Rao, G. G. Nair and S. K. Prasad; The biaxial smectic (SmAb) phase in nonsymmetrical dimers. Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2006, 16, 4099.
- C. V. Yelamaggad, I. Shashikala, G. G. Nair, D. S. Shankar Rao and S. K. Prasad; Nonsymmetrical five-ring achiral banana-shaped liquid crystals comprising salicylaldimine mesogenic segment: synthesis and characterization.
Journal of Chemical Research, 2006, 612
- C. V. Yelamaggad, I. Shashikala, G. Liao, D. S. Shankar Rao, S. K. Prasad, Q. Li and A. Jakli; Blue phase, smectic fluids and unprecedented sequences in liquid crystal dimers. Chemistry Materials, 2006, 18, 6100
- C. V. Yelamaggad, I. Shashikala, U. S. Hiremath, G. Liao, A. Jakli, D. S. Shankar Rao, S. K. Prasad, and Q. Li; Fluorine containing nonsymmetrical five ring achiral banana-shaped compounds with columnar and synclinic antiferroelectric layered phases. Soft Matter, 2006, 2, 785.
- G. Liao, I. Shashikala, C. V. Yelamaggad, D. S. Shankar Rao, S. K. Prasad and A. Jakli; Ferroelectricity of a bent-core material with cholesteryl terminal chain. Physical Review E, 2006, 73, 051701.
- C. V. Yelamaggad, I. Shashikala and Q. Li; Liquid crystal trimers composed of banana-shaped and rodlike anisometric segements: synthesis and characterization.Chemistry Materials, 2007, 19, 6561.
- S. Krishna Prasad, Geetha G. Nair, D. S. Shankar Rao, I. Shashikala and C. V. Yelamaggad; Biaxial Nematic and Smectic A Phases in a " Peelable Banana-Shaped" Molecule. Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst, 2005, 437, 211.
- I. Shashikala, Vasudeva Singh, Z. L. Ali; Changes in Physicochemical Properties of Basmati Paddy upon Parboiling.Trends in Carbohydrate Chemistry, 2005, 9, 53.
- C. V. Yelamaggad, I. Shashikala, D. S.Shankar Rao, S. Krishna Prasad; Bent-Core V-Shaped Mesogens Consisting of Salicylaldimine mesogenic segments: Synthesis and Characterisation of mesomorphic behavior.
Liquid Crystals, 2004, 31, 1027.
- Channabasaveshwar V. Yelamaggad, Subbarao Krishna Prasad, Geetha G. Nair, I. Shashikala, Doddamane S. Shankar Roa, Chethan V.Lobo, Sivaramakrishna Chandrasekhar; A Low-Molar Mass, Monodispersive, Bent-Rod Dimer Exhibiting Biaxial Nematic and Smectic-A Phases. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2004, 43, 3429.
- Poster presentation: Porous Cage Molecule Entrapping Gas-Future Gas Storge, MC9 at the 42nd IUPAC congress, August 2-7, 2009, Glasgow, United Kingdom.
- Poster presentation: Achiral Unsymmetric Dimeric, Bidentate Ligand and their Complexes with Cu(II) and Pd(II): Synthesis and Mesomorphism, MC8: Advancing materials by chemical design, July 2-5, 2007, at London, United Kingdom.
- Poster presentation: "Novel electron deficient anthraquinone-based chiral mesogens: synthesis and mesomorphic behavior"; International symposium on Organic Chemistry – Today and Tomorrow, January 4-7, 2006, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, INDIA.
- Poster presentation: "Novel electron deficient anthraquinone-based chiral mesogens: synthesis and mesomorphic behavior"; National conference on Current Trends in Chemical Research, May 13-14, 2006, Mangalore University, Mangalore, INDIA.
- Poster presentation: Changes in Physico-Chemical Properties of Basmati Paddy upon Parboiling, 17th National Conference on Carbohydrate Chemistry, November 21-22, 2002 at Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore, INDIA.
- Paper presentation (Best Oral presentation): The Biaxial SmAb phase in Nonsymmetric Liquid Crystal Dimers Comprising Two Rodlike Anisometric Segments: An Unusual Behaviour, 13th National Conference on Liquid Crystals, October 9-11, 2006, at Mysore, Karnataka, INDIA
- Paper presentation (Oral): Low Molar Mass Monodispersive Achiral Bent-Rod Dimers: Synthesis and Evaluation of Mesomorphic Behavior; 11th National Conference on Liquid Crystals, October 9-11, 2005, at Allahabad, Uttar-Pradesh, INDIA.
- Paper presentation (Oral): Bent-core systems comprising of salicyaldimine mesogenic segments: synthesis and characterization of liquid crystalline behavior; 10th National Conference on Liquid Crystals, October 9-11, 2003, at Garden city College, Bangalore, INDIA.
- Workshop attended: Conference on liquid crystals and soft materials, December 18-20, 2002 at Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, INDIA.