- Inventor of TGPPD-epoxy resin
- Inventor of NCCS cable seal.
- 35 Invited lectures delivered.
- Chaired a session at a workshop on recovery of metals and disposals of hazardous components in e-waste held on 28.12.2011 at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
List of Publications:
Papers Published in National and International Journals:
- Dr. K. Natarajan, “Toughening studies on an ABS/PC blend modified Epoxy Resin system’’ High performance Polymers , No 6,241-248. (1994) Bristol UK
- Dr. K. Natarajan, “Thermal and Mechanical studies on Polybenzimidazole modified Epoxy Resin system”, Polymer International,No 4, 1-4, (2000) London UK.
PAPERS PRESENTED AT THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE:
- Studies on a Thermoplastic modified high Tg multifunctional epoxy resin system Polymer processing towards AD 2000, conference held at Singapore Nov.1996. Proceedings p 77.
- Toughening studies on a thermoset multifunctional epoxy resin blended thermoplastic polyimide system Polymer processing towards AD 2000, conference held at Singapore Nov.1996, Proceedings P 231."
- Cost effective electromagnetic surgical device for removal of ferromagnetic objects from the endo bronchial and endo esophageal passage" at the International conference on Emerging technology and application in Engineering technology and Sciences held on 13th, 14th January, 2008 Rajkot.
- S M Santhosh and Dr. K Natarajan., "Characterisation and Photocatalytic Activity of Mesoporous Rare-Earth-Doped TiO2 Synthesized under Ambient Conditions" Winter School, JNCSAR, held on December 5 to 10, 2011 Bangalore
- Two Indian patents granted (IN199139 dt.28/03/02 & IN195194 dt.9/3/07)
- One PCT registered PCT/IN 03/00075
- NCCS cable seal project.
- Development, characterization and testing of MWCNT- polymer composites for fused decomposition process.- Funded by NRB, 42 Lakhs
Research Group Members:
- Santhosh.S.M “Solar Light Harnessing Inner Transition Metal Oxide in Photolytic Degradation of Pollutants”
- Y. Madhusudhan “Synthesis and characterization of High performance polymer Adhesives”.
- Soumya Kumari.S “Synthesis and characterization of Interpenetrated Network of Polymer resin systems for polymer concrete application”.
- Pallavi S G “Synthesis and characterization of High performance polymer Electric glues”.
- Padma C B “Synthesis and characterization of High Performance Ternary polymer blend matrix system for polymer composite”.
- Received National Award (NRDC-award) for the invention of NCCS cable seal for Telecom. Applications from Science and Technology on 30th June-2004 at Pragati Maidan New Delhi. Prize of Rs.75, 000/- was won.
- Received Honour and citation from R.V.College of Engineering during Engineer's day at college on 15th September- 2004.
- On recognition of achievements, Award of excellence was bestowed by the prestigious RSST for six times in the years of 1996, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004 & 2005.
- Associate member of the Aeronautical Society of India No. AM.5985.
- Associate member of Society of EMC engineering India. No. 582
- Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (AICTE-No.LM-42408)
- Member and Chairman of various boards such as BOE, BOS, etc.