Consultant - Rain Water Harvesting, RVCE Campus
Water management in R.V.C.E campus
Water conservation schemes:
Phase 1: Artificial recharge of ground water using roof top rain water harvesting – Admin and R&D buildings – recharge capacity 1 Million litres per year – funded by RSST – 3.5 lakhs
Phase 2: Rain water harvesting and artificial recharge of ground water using roof top rain water harvesting – Chemical, Library and CRC buildings – recharge capacity 3.11 Million litres per year – funded by KPMG – 16 lakhs
Grant in Aid:
No:13/37/2006-NEB, Government of India, Ministry of Science and Technology, Department of Science and Technology, National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board, for Science Organization of Skill Development Training Programme through Science & Technology:-
Trade- "Rainwater harvesting for rural water security"
Sanctioned Amount: Rupees One Lakh.
List Of Publications
- 'Rain Water harvesting -a case Study' at R.V. College of Engineering Campus, Bangalore. The Indian Mineralogist (Journal of the Indian Geological Society of India) Special Volume No.1, ISSN 0019-5928, 2005
- Third Congress of the Asian and Pacific Division (APD)& International Association for Hydraulic Research (IAHR) "Agro Climatological Investigation to Determine Irrigation Water Requirements for crops" International Association for Hydraulic Research IAHR, Indonesia, Bandung. March 1982.
- Agro-Climatological studies aimed at determining Soil-Water-Crop relationship (Huvin Hipparrgi Minor Irrigation Tank Project, Bijapur District) Published in WAMANA, Water Management Vol.1, No: 3, July 1981, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
- Conservation of Groundwater through Artificial Recharge using Rooftop Rainwater in RV college of Engineering Campus, Bangalore,(A Case Study), " Rainwater Harvesting Practices" International Hydrological Programme ,The Institution of Engineers(India), UNESCO(New Delhi), ISBN 978-81-89218-23-2,2008. Pp-71-77.
- Prof M N Sreehari,
Dr. B L Shivakumar,
Ms. Archana M R, "NEED FOR METRO TO OUR CONGESTED CITIES & A CRITICAL REVIEW OF METROS IN INDIA" at Metro Rail World 2011, International Conference, 26th and 27th May 2011, Bangalore
Extra Curricular Activities
As Convener Organized One Day National Workshop on "Imperative of Rain Water Harvesting & Reuse in Rural- Urban" at R.V.College of Engineering, Bangalore, on 21st October2005.
- Delivered a lecture on Rainwater Harvesting & Watershed Management on May 24, 2004 in the Dept. of Civil Engg., at Sir MVIT, Bangalore .
- Delivered a lecture on Water Management & Rainwater Harvesting for Rotary Club Banashankari, RI dist 3190 on 19th Oct 2004 at PES Tech Park, Bangalore.
- Delivered a lecture on Rainwater Harvesting and Water Conservation for Rotary Club of Vijayanagar, RI Dist 3190 on 15 Dec 2004 at AC Board Meeting Room, Vijayanagar Club, Bangalore