Department of Computer Science Engineering
|Dr. N.K. Srinath, Professor and Dean|
|Educational Qualification||Ph.D in AvinashiLingam University,
M.E in Roorkee University
Teaching: 25 years
Research : 5 years
|Area of Interest||Database Management Systems, System Software, Microprocessors|
|Area of Specialization||Systems Engineering and Operations Research|
- PhD from AvinashLingum University, Department of Computer Science and Engineering in the year 2009Title of the project: Development of GPS based Target Tracking and Collision Avoidance System using MIL-STD-1553B and RADAR
- M.E. from Rookee University, major in "Systems Engineering and Operations Research" in the year 1986. Dissertation Title: Microprocessor Based Scour Measurement in River Beds.
- B.E. from R.V. College of Engineering in the year 1982 in Electrical Engineering.
- Completed Proficiency courses from IISc, Bangalore.
- Infosys – Train the trainer workshop on "Industry Oriented Software Engineering, from 19th to 21st September, 1996
- ISTE – STTP (QIP) program on "Object Oriented Design" organized by KREC from 02-03-1998 to 14-03 1998.
- Attended Linux System and Network Administration program organized by Engineering Staff College of India from 27th - 29th 2004.
- Faculty Development program at Accenture 16th and 17th March 2009.
- IUCEE-FLI attended a course on "Parallel Algorithms" as a part of the 2010 Indo-US Engineering Faculty Leadership Institute from July 5-9, 2010.
a. January – May 1988 - Programming Languages and Data Structures
b. August-December 1988 – Advanced Microprocessor Systems
c. January – May 1989 - Parallel Processing
d. August-December 1990 – Operating Systems
- Worked as lecturer in electrical department in M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology from 1982-1984
- Worked as assistant Manager in 21st Century Electronics Pvt. Ltd 1986
- Worked as lecturer in electrical dept., R.V.College of Engineering.1986-1987
- Worked as lecturer in computer science and engineering, R.V. College of Engineering from 1987 – 1992.
- Selected as Asst. Professor in Computer Science dept in1992
- Promoted as Professor from Computer Science in 2001, Headed ISE department form 2001-2010.
- Heading CSE department since 2010.
Intel Developer Zone, Leadership in Academia Award, Summer 2010.
- 8086 Microprocessors Published by Pooja Publications
- Advance Microprocessors Published by Pooja Publications
- Data Base Management Systems Published by Pooja Publications
- Systems Software Published by Pooja Publications
- Combined Lab primer Published by Pooja Publications
- 8085 Microprocessor Programming and Interfacing Published by PHI
- Fundamentals of Database Systems (Adaptation) by Pearson Education
- Database Management Systems for Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited.
- Software Quality and Testing - Tata-McGraw Hill.
- Software Engineering -A Practitioners approach, 6th Edition, Tata-McGraw Hill. Roger.S.Pressman
- Chapters of SQLite Book for Pearson Education.
- N.K. Srinath, P. Ramakanthkumar, G. Praphushankar, "Target Detection and Offline analysis of RADAR data from MIL-STD-1553B", WSEAS TRANSACTIONS on COMMUNICATIONS, Volume 7, Issue 5, May 2008, pp. 481 – 489, ISSN: 1109-2742.
- N.K. Srinath, P. Ramakanthkumar, G. Praphushankar, "Navigation and Target tracking using GPS system", World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology Volume 28, April 2008, pp. 373, ISSN 1307 – 6884.
- N.K. Srinath, P. Ramakanthkumar, G. Praphushankar, "Evaluation of GPS and RADAR data Tracking System", IJCSNS - International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, VOL.8 No.7, July 2008 pp.197 – 202, ISSN 1738 – 1906.
- Mayank Kumar, D.B. Mahesh Kumar, Ashwin S Kumar, N.K. Srinath, "Architecture of Speech-based registration system", Proceedings of world academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume 32, August 2008, pp. 633-638, ISSN: 2070-3740.
- OnkarBhatKodical, Sridhar Srinivasan and N.K. Srinath, "Tool Tracker: A toolkit ensembling useful online networking tools for efficient management and operation of a network", World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 42 2008, Volume 32 August 2008 ISSN 2070-3740
- Krishnappa.H.K, N.K.Srinath,andP.Ramakanth Kumar, "Vertex Magic Total Labeling of Complete graphs", International journal of Computers, Mathematical sciences and Applications, Vol.4, No.1, 2010, pp.157-169, ISSN 0973-7686.
- Krishnappa.H.K, N.K.Srinath,andP.Ramakanth Kumar. "Magic square Construction algorithms and their applications", The IUP Journal of computational Mathematics, Vol (3), No (3), 2010, pp. 34-50, ISSN 0974-6544.
- Mohana, N.K. Srinath , Amit L.K, " Trust Based Routing Algorithms for Mobile Ad- hoc Network", International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Volume 2, Issue 8, August 2012, pp- 218-224, ISSN 2250-2459.
- Mohana, and Dr. N. K. Srinath, "Performance Analysis of Secure and Trust Based Routing Algorithms for Mobile Ad-Hoc Network" International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, (IJERA) ISSN: 2248-9622 www.ijera.com, pp.1213-1219, Vol. 2, Issue4, July-August 2012.
- Anjan K Koundinya, Srinath N K, K A K Sharma, Kiran Kumar, Madhu M N and Kiran U Shanbag, "Map/Reduce Design and Implementatin of Apriorialalgorithm for handling voluminous Data-Sets", Advanced Computing: An International Journal ( ACIJ ), Vol.3, No.6, November 2012
- Krishnappa.H.K, N.K.Srinath,S.Manjunath and P.Ramakanth Kumar, "Algorithms for Constructing Edge Magic Total Labeling of Complete Bipartite graphs", International Journal of Computer and Communication Technology (IJCCT), Volume-3, Issue-5, 2012, pp. 20-23
- Usha B.A, Dr. N K Srinath, Dr. N K Cauvery, "Analysis of Image Stegnalysis Techniques to Defend Against Statistical Attacks – A Survey", IJRET, ISSN: 2319 – 1163, Volume: 1 Issue: 2 Page148 – 151, Oct. 2012.
- Krishnappa.H.K, N.K.Srinath and S.Manjunath., "Algorithms to Super Vertex Magic Total Labeling of Complete graphs", International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM),Volume 2, Issue 1, January 2013, pp.305-309.
- VinayHegde, Manjunath A.E, Prapulla S B, N.K Srinath, "An Interactive Tool for Knowledge Representation and Sharing on Android Operating System", International Journal of Advanced research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol 2, Issue 1, Jan 2013, pp 938 – 944.
- Krishnappa.H.K, N.K.Srinath and S.Manjunath., "Algorithms to Realize All Possible Vertex Magic Total Labeling and Super Vertex Magic Total Labeling Of Complete Graphs", International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT), Volume 2, Issue 9, March 2013, pp.65-70.
- Krishnappa.H.K, N.K.Srinath and S.Manjunath.,"Vertex Magic Total Labeling Of Complete Graphs and their application for Public-Key Cryptosystem", International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering (IJIRCCE),Vol. 1, Issue 2, April 2013, pp.379-387.
- Krishnappa.H.K, N.K.Srinath and S.Manjunath., "Algorithms to Construct Anti Magic Labeling of Complete Graphs", International Journal of Computer and Information Technology(IJCIT), Volume 02– Issue 03, May 2013, pp.492-499.
- Manjunath A E, D.Pratiba, Dr.N.K.Srinath, Dr.G.Shobha, Dr.Siddaraja, "A Road Map on Security Deliverables for Mobile Cloud Application", International Journal of Advanced research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 2, Issue 7, July 2013, ISSN: 2319-5940, P 2625 – 2629
- Usha B A, Dr. N K Srinath, Dr. N K Cauvery, "Data Embedding Technique in Image Steganography using Neural Network", International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 2, Issue 5, May 2013
- N.K. Srinath, "A Note on Waste Management in Software Engineering (International Focus), IJITR (International Journal of Innovative Technology and Research), Volume No.1, Issue No6, Oct.-Nov., 2013, pp-533-537.
- Manju Khanna, N.K. Srinath, J.K. Mendiratta, "Model Logic as applied to Consumer Market", Internatioanl Journal of Innovative Technology and Research, Volume No.2, Issue No. 1, December – January 2014, 759 - 761.
- International Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics, Informatics – 2008, "GPS based navigation and target tracking system", Jan. 2 to Jan 5, 2008, Hyderabad
- XXVIII - Waset-2008 World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, April 25-27, 2008, "Navigation and Target tracking using GPS system", Rome, Italy
- CCCI International Conference, at R.V. College of Engineering, "GPS based Navigation system for defence applications", Bangalore, November 21 to 23, 2007
- International Conference on Quantitative Methods, Operations and Information Technology (ICQMOIT-2008), "GPS and RADAR data Surveillance for Collision Avoidance", Hyderabad, Oct 24th 25th 2008
- World Congress on Science, Engineering and Technology. (WCSET 2008), August 30-31,Sept. 1, 2008, "Design, Development and Fabrication of an Aircraft Interface Card using 1553B Controller", Singapore
- National Conference Advanced Communications and Networking, NCACN' 09, 8th January 2009, "Hierarchical Data Management for GPS and RADAR data on Network Attached Storage server",Avinashilingam University for Women Faculty of Engineering Department of Information Technology.
- International Conference and Symposium on Storage Technologies [ICSST], NMAM Institute of Technology, "GPS Data Management on Network Attached Storage", 3rd & 4th Dec' 2008
- ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest Sponsored by IBM and Infosys Asia Region-Amritapuri Site, was a coach for Asia Region Onsite Contest conducted during Dec. 6, 2008
- Recent Trends in Computer Technology (RTCT-2011), R.V. College of Engineering, "Security and Benefits of IT using security Information and Events Management Implementation", dated 29th and 30th April – 2011.
- International Conference of Advanced Computer Science and Information Technology, "Design of Automatic Medication Dispenser", Chennai, India, July 2012.
- International Conference on Computing Sciences, (ICCS), "A Novel Approach for Color Image Enhancement Using Double Window Concept", Turing100-International Conference on Computing Sciences, pp 121-126, 14th Sept. 278-0-7695-4817-3/12, 2012 IEEE.
- Mohana, and Dr. N. K. Srinath, "A New Highly Secure and Efficient Routing Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks" International Conference on Software Technologies and Computer Engineering (STACE-2012), ISBN: 978-93-61693-63-1,22nd July 2012, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. (Got best paper award and young investigator medal).
- SreenivasaSetty, N. K Srinath, M. C Hanumantharaju, "Development of MultiscaleRetinex Algorithm for Medical Image Enhancement Based on Multi-Rate Sampling", International Conference on Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition", 7th – 8th Feb, 2013.
- II International Conference on Recent Trends in Computer Science and Engineering, "Key Based Data Embedding Technique in Image Steganography", ISBN: 978-81-31703-83-5, 26th May, 2013, Bangalore.
- Manjunath A E, VinayHegde, Prapulla S B , N.K.Srinath, "Design and Development of Efficient Information Retrieval using Crawling, Indexing and Ranking" Third International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Information Technology – CIIT 2013, Elsevier Publication, PP 247 - 252.
Certificate of Appreciation
- Received Excellence in teaching award for the year 2006-2007 from Career Launcher
- ISTE, RVCE chapter appreciated for authoring a book on Microprocessor.
Member of Professional Bodies:
- Computer Society of India, Life Member Membership number: 015350
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, Fellow Membership number: F165612
- The Indian Society for Technical Education, Life Member Membership Number: LM16735 . IEEE Membership - 92513478
- "Normalization", talk as a resource person for short term course on Data as Technology organized by BMSCE and APSCE on March 11, 2002.
- "Advance Computer Architecture", Subject was taught as a visiting professor at Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology for one semester, Oct. 21 – Jan 15 2002.
- "Interfacing Programs", A lecture was delivered at RNS Institute of Technology, on Aug. 5, 2004.
- "Microprocessor Basics to Advanced Applications", a technical talk at GM Institute of Technology, April, 8, 2005.
- "Information Technology – Past, Present and Future", a technical talk at Institute of advanced studies in Education, at RashtreeyaVidyalaya Teachers College, on Dec. 22, 2005.
- "Microprocessor and Interfacing", Participated in the live transmission of VTU-EDUSAT Program from 26 Feb, 2007 to 31 March, 2007.
- "Introduction to software testing", at Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women – Deemed University, on 3rd July 2007.
- "System Software", Participated in the live transmission of VTU-EDUSAT Program from 20 Aug, 2007 to 24 Nov., 2007.
- "High performance Computing", at Karnataka State Higher Education Council, on One Day seminar on "Information Science and Technology", 6th Sept, 2011
- "Multi core", at SJBIT on their faculty development program on 27-07-2011.
- "Multi core Programming", at HKBK college of Engineering on 27th August, 2011.
- "Microprocessor and its applications", Expert lecture at Shridevi Institute of Engineering and Technology, May 05, 2012.
Seminars / Conference / Workshop Attended:
- "PC based System Application", Summer Course, at Centre for Microprocessor Education, training and Research, Department of Computer Engineering, Regional Engineering College, Surathkal, Sponsored by MHRD, from 24-6-9-1991 to 29-6-1991.
- "Development of Vocational Curriculum from +2 stage", Organized by Educational Consultant India Limited, Under the supervision of Directorate of Vocational Education, Government of Karnataka, between Jun 17 to 22 1992.
- "Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems", Seminar was organized at PESIT of Technology on 22nd and 23rd Sept 1995
- "Problem Solving under UNIX", continuing Education Program, at RVCE, sponsored by ISTE-STTP (QIP), from Dec.1997 Jan 1998.
- "Object Oriented Design", organized by Dept. of Computer engineering and Center for continuing Education, KREC, Sponsored by AICTE-ISTE from 2-3-1998 to 14-3-1998.
- "Multimedia Technology", Summer School, organized by Dept of CSE, PSG College of Technology, Sponsored by AICTE, ISTE and STTP from 27-7-1998 to 8-8-1998
- "Problem Solving using Object Oriented Techniques", organized by Bangalore Forum for Information Technology, held at RVCE, during Oct 26 to 6th Nov 1998.
- "Curriculum Development Workshop on "Advances in Microprocessors", conducted at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore, from 23 to 27 Sept 2002.
- "Personality development program", conducted by inquest foundation, at R.V. College of Engineering, on 29th August 2003.
- Microsoft India – Academia summit – 2004 – "Creating better faculties for the student community".
- "Linux System and Network Administration", Training Program held at Engineering Staff College of India, Hyderabad dated 27 to 29 April 2004.
- "Frontiers in Classification Algorithms for Data Mining", AICTE sponsored 3 day seminar at Aditya Institution of Technology and Management at Srikakulam Dist. AP, December 29-28, 2008
- Indo-US Engineering Faculty Leadership Institute on "Parallel Algorithms", From July 5th to 9th 2010, NITK, Surathkal.
- "Software Quality – The Road Ahead", Organized by CSI Bangalore Chapter at International conference held at Chancery Pavilion, Bangalore on Feb. 18 and 19, 2011.
- "Recent Trends in Computer Technology (RTCT-2011)", at RVCE on 29th and 30th April 2011.
- "CISCO Networking Academy Retooling Workshop – 2011", organized by CISCO on 22nd July 2011 at Anna University, Guindy, Chennai.
- "Cloud Computing Imperative India Summit", held at DoubleTree by Hilton, New Delhi, India, on 2nd and 3rd August, 2012.
- National Board Of Accreditation (NBA) workshop on Training of Master Trainers, at KIITS University, Bhubaneswar, August 31- Sept 02, 2012
- "Embedded Systems", workshop for Faculties organized by RVCE and ISTE chapter of RVCE held at RVCE, on 25th to 27th August, 2003.
- CSI Convention attended
- II Karnataka Student Convention at RVCE
- VI Karnataka Student Convention 4th 6th Sept. 1992
- VII Karnataka Student Convention 10-12 sept, 1993
- XIV Karnataka Student Convention 22 – 23 Dec, 2000
- XXV Karnataka Student Convention 2011.
Subject Expert for Staff Selection:
- ShirdiSai Engineering College
- YellamaDasappa Institution of Technology
- Don Bosco Institution of Technology.
- NIITE institute of Technology
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology
- SIT Tumkur
- B.M.S. College of Engineering
- B.M.S. Institute of Technology
- PES College of Engineering
- PES School of Engineering
Board of Examiners
- Bangalore University, Computer Science BOE from 1996-1997
- Bangalore University, Computer Science BOE from 1997-1998
- Bangalore University, Computer Science BOE from 1998-1999
- Visveswaraiah Technological University Chief Tabulator 2000-2001
- Visveswaraiah Technological University BOE 2003-2004
- Visveswaraiah Technological University BOE 2004-2005
- Visveswaraiah Technological University BOE 2006-2007
- Visveswaraiah Technological University BOE 2008-2009
- M.S. Ramaiah Institution of Engineering, BOE, 2010-2011
- B.M.S College of Engineering, BOE, 2010-2011.
- Jain College of Engineering, BOE 2010-2011.
Board of Studies:
- R.V. College of Engineering BOS Computer Science and Engg. 2009-2013
- R.V. College of Engineering BOS Information Science and Engg. 2007-2009
- P.E. S. Mandya (VTU Nominee) BOS for CSE Department 2010-2012
- P.E.S Mandya (VTU Nominee) BOS for CSE M.Tech 2013-2015
- Malnad College of Engineering (VTU Nominee) BOS for ISE Department 2010-2012
- Jain University Department of CSE, 2013-14
NBA Training Program
- Delhi Technological University, New Delhi, " Outcome based Accreditation Process & Parameters – 21 and 22 Sept 2012
- PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore, "Self assessment Report writing Tips and Guidelines for Evaluation", 18-10-2012
- Bhopal Teachers Training Institute, "
- Sri Sukhmani Institute Of Engineering & Technology, Chandigarh, " Outcome based education and Accreditation process", 27-10-2012
- JNTU Hyderabad, "Phase – II Workshop", 15-17 Feb, 2014.
Nominee for Education and other bodies:
- UGC has nominated as the Planning and Monitoring Board of SantLongowal Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- Appointed as Grading Advisory Committee member of RVCE Autonomous College.
- AICTE Committee member for Vocational Education Qualification Framework.
- UGC expert committee member for evaluation of Minor Project (North Region).
- UGC expert committee member for evaluation of Seminars, workshops and conferences (Eastern Region)
- UGC nominated observer for Maharastra SET Elegibility Test for Lectureship at North Maharastra University, Jalgaon.
- UPSE Interview board member to select Assistant programmer.
- LIC Committee member for the academic year 2011-2013 to Visvewaraiah Technological University.
- Expert Committee member of NBA
1. K. S. R. College of Engineering, Tiruchengode, 4-6 April, 2013
2. Narasaraopeta Engineering College, Narasaraopet, Guntur, 24-26 May 2013
3. Bharath Institute of Technology, 6 – 8Aug. 2013
4. Government College of Engineering, Amaravati, 20-22 Sept, 2013
5. National Institute of Technology, Silchar, Assam from 25-27 Oct, 2013
6. Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering, Mumbai, 15 to 17 Nov, 2013
- Expert Committee member of UGC for continuing/providing autonomy for following colleges:
1. AyyaNadarJanakiAmmal College Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu
2. Sri Guru GobinSinghji College of Engineering and Technology, Vishnupuri, Maharastra
3. Badruka College of Commerce and Arts, Kachiguda, Hydrabad.
4. Arul Anandar College Karumathur, Madurai Distt. Tamil Nadu
5. ThassimBeeviAbdual Kader College for Women, Kalikarai, Ramanathapuram, district, Tamil nadu.
6. G.M.R Institute of Technology, GMR Nagar, Rajam, AndraPradesh
7. K.S.R College of Engineering K.S.R. Kalvi Nagar, Tiruchengode.
8. P.S.R. Engineering College, Appayanaickenpatti, Sivakasi.
9. Mahendra Engineering College, Namakkal District, Tamil Nadu.
10. AITAM, Takkali, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
11. N.C. College of Engineering, Israna, Panipat, Harayana
12. G. Pulla Reddy Engineering College, Nandyal Road, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh.
13. Rathinam College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
14. Dr. B. V. Raju Institute of Technology, Narsapur, Andhra Pradesh-19-20 April 2013.
15. JNTU Hyderabad, Kukaddapally,15-17 Feb, 2014.
Advisory Committee Member:
- National conference on Frontiers of Computer Science and Technology, Rajarajaswari College of Engineering, Department of CSE, 14th 15th Feb 2012.
- National Conference on "EMERGING TRENDS IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY" NCETIT-2012 organized by Department of Information Science & Engineering, Don Basco Institute of Technology on 4th and 5th May 2012.
Registered Guide at Universities
- Visvewaraiah Technological University
- Sri Siddhartha University
- Jain University
Ph.D Students Registered
- Mr. H. K Krishnappa, Full time, VTU, Title: "Design of Algorithms for Magic Labeling of complete Graphs and Complete Bipartite Graphs and their application to Network Security and Job Scheduling".
- Mr. SrinivasSetty, Full time, VTU, Title: "Investigations and Development of Algorithms for medical Image Enhancement"
- Ms. SheelaKathavate, Full time, VTU, Title: "Design and development of an efficient algorithmic model for process scheduler for multi-core systems"
- Ms. SumalathaAradhya, Full time, VTU, Title: "Compiler Optimization for multicore architecture".
- Ms. Usha, Part Time, VTU, Title: "Image Steganography Techniques for Secured data Transmission".
- Ms. Manju Khanna, VTU, Part Time: "Application of multi-agent system, (MAS) for distributed data mining (DDM)".
Microprocessors and Interfacing for all Staff of VTU in the year 2001.
- General Secretary of RVCE Sports (2004 – 2006)
- Director of R.V. Co-operative Society (1998- 2008)
- General Secretary of RVCE Alumni Association (2000 – till date)
Invitation for Workshop as expert member
SJB Institute of Technology, National Conference – 2013, 4th May 2013.
- Data Base Management System
- Operations Research
- Systems Software
- Parallel Processing and Advance Architecture.
- Logic Design
- Programming in C
- Data Structure
- Computer Organization
Areas of Interest:
Systems Engineering, Operations Research, Microprocessor, DBMS, and Distributed Data base Management System and Data mining, multi core Architectures and programming and image processing..