List of Publications:
Papers Published in National and International Journals:
- Narasimhan, M.; Ravishankar, S,”Radiation from aperture antennas radiating in the presence of a dielectric sphere”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Volume: 30 Issue: 6 Nov 1982, Page(s): 1237- 1240
- Narasimhan, M.; Ravishankar, S,” Probe uncompensated near-field to far-field transformation for scanning over an arbitrary surface”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Volume: 33 Issue: 4 Apr 1985, Page(s): 467- 472
- Narasimhan, M.; Ravishankar, S. “Multiple scattering of EM waves by dielectric spheres located in the near field of a source of radiation”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Volume: 35 Issue: 4 Apr 1987, Page(s): 399- 405
- Ravishankar, S.; Biswagar, Prakash “Analysis of Dielectric Lens - Adaptive Array Antennas for Shaped Beam Applications”, Sarnoff Symposium, 2006 IEEE 27-28 March 2006, Page(s): 1-4 Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/SARNOF.2006.4534746
- S.Ravishankar & M.S.Narasimhan, “The Effect of probe Directivity in spherical Near Field Antenna Measurements” April – June 1982, Vol 2, No 2, Electromagnetics Journal.
- S.Ravishankar “EM Scattering by bodies of arbitrary shape and unknown Constitution” April 1993. EMC Test and Design, IEEE EMC/ ESD Conference Proceedings, Denver Colorado.
International and National Conference:
- Ravishankar, S.; Rukmini, T.S.; Kumaraswamy, H.V.; Sunit, S.; Karthik, Y.; Vinay, P.; Ravishankar, A,”Analysis of hemispherical Dielectric lens antennas for wireless applications”, Applied
Electromagnetics, 2007. APACE 2007. Asia-Pacific Conference on 4-6 Dec. 2007, Page(s): 1-6. Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/APACE.2007.4603917
- Ravishankar, S.; Padmaja, K.V.; Uma, B.V, “Implementation of Novel Bit Loading Algorithm with Power
Cut-Back in ADSL Transmitter on DSP”, International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications, 2007, Volume: 1 13-15 Dec. 2007, Page(s): 570-574, Digital Object Identifier .1109/ICCIMA.2007.139
- Ravishankar, S.; Uma, B.V.; Shreeprasad, M, “Rate-reach performance improvements in ADSL
interference environment using adaptive wavelet threshold”, International Conference on Wavelet Analysis and Pattern Recognition, 2008. ICWAPR '08, Volume: 2 30-31 Aug. 2008, Page(s): 634-638, Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/ICWAPR.2008.4635856
- Ravishankar., S; Padmaja., K.V; Sridhar, Santosh, “Implementation of dual latency operation in VDSL2 with downstream power back off on DSP chip”, International Conferece on Signals and Electronic Systems, 2008. ICSES '08, 14-17 Sept. 2008 Page(s): 427-430 Digital Object Identifier 0.1109 /ICSES.2008.4673456
- Ravishankar, S.; Uma, B. V.; Shreeprasad, M. “Application of wavelet for improvement of rate-reach performance in ADSL interference environment”, International Conference on Communication
Technology, 2008. ICCT 2008. 11th IEEE 10-12 Nov. 2008, Page(s): 565-568 Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/ICCT.2008.4716124
- Ravishankar, S.; Uma, B.V.; Padmaja, K.V,”Realization of Adaptive Filters for NEXT Crosstalk Mitigation in Two Wire ADSL on DSP”,Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications, 2007. International Conference on Volume: 1 13-15 Dec. 2007, Page(s): 567-569
Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/ICCIMA.2007.136
- Dr. Ravishankar S, Mahesh A," Spherical Mode Analysis of patch array antenna", Conference on IEEE sponsored International conference on Antenna & Wave propagation, Barcelona, Spain, April 12-16 2010.
- Dr. Ravishankar S, Mahesh A," Gain enhancement of micro strip array antenna with dielectric lens antenna: comparative study", Conference on IEEE-AEMC, kolkata, India, Dec-14-16 2009.
- Dr. Ravishankar S, Mahesh A," Design of 2X2 microstrip patch array antenna embedded in hemispherical dielectric lens for airborne mobile communications", Conference on IEEE Sponsored International Radar symposium IRSI 2009, India, Dec 8-11, 2009.
- Dr. Ravishankar S, S.K.Thakur ,Mahesh A," Collimation Properties of Micro strip Patch Fed Dielectric Lens Antenna for Broadband Mobile Communication", Conference on IEEE sponsored International Conference on Future Computer and Communication, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Pages 522-526 Year of Publication: 2009 ISBN:978-0-7695-3591-3, India, Dec 8-11, 2009.
- Dr. Ravishankar S, Mahesh A, Sushrutha K S" Spherical modal analysis of the shape dielectric lens antenna excited by rectangular patch antenna for surface communication of underwater vehicles", Conference on IEEE International symposium on Microwaves, Bangalore, India.
- Dr. Ravishankar S, M.Bharathi,Usha Rani.," Capacity Estimation Using Frequency Domain Based SELT", Conference on Advances in Computers Control and Telecommunication Technologies (ACT 2009), 26-28 Dec 2009.
- Dr. Ravishankar S, M.Bharathi,Usha Rani.," Frequency domain SELT approach for line length estimation", Conference on Second International conference on signal and image processing, Vidya Vikas Institute of Technology, Mysore, 12-14 Aug 2009.
- Ravishankar, S, “Analysis of shaped beam dielectric lens antennas for mobile broadband applications”, IEEE International Workshop on Antenna Technology: Small Antennas and Novel Metamaterials, 2005. IWAT 2005, 7-9 March 2005 , Page(s): 539- 542,
Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/IWAT.2005.1461135.
- Ravishankar, S.; Biswagar, P, “Spherical modal analysis of shaped dielectric lens antennas for mobile broadband applications (MBS)” Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 2005 IEEE Volume: 2A 3-8 July 2005,
Page(s): 454- 457 vol. 2A
- S.Ravishankar & M.S.Narasimhan, “Near Field to Near Field Transformations - Spherical Modal Approach” IEEE International Radar Symposium India - 83, Oct 1983.
- S.Ravishankar, “The Effects of antenna Mounted Bodies on the Radiation from VSAT Earth Station Antennas”, Sept 1993, The Third IEEE/URSI International Symposium on antennas and EM Theory, NANJING, Peoples Republic of China.
- US Patent 10/ 684363 filed Oct 15, 2003, S.Ravishankar and Satya Sudhakar – Assignee Texas Instruments,“Determining distance to echo points in a wire line medium”.
- US Patent 10/ 757987 filed Jan 16, 2004, S.Ravishankar – Assignee Texas Instruments
“Antennas supporting High Density of wireless users in specific directions”.
- Indian Product patent, 4592/416/MAS/2000 dated June 2000, S.Ravishankar, Satcom
Lab ITI, M: N Redundancy switches for Modems and Converters with transponder and
My IEEE Publications are now quoted as the most accurate method for scattering by dielectric spheres in the following advanced book – “Dielectric and Dielectric loaded Antennas”, by Prof. Rajeswari Chatterjee. IEE Electronic and Electrical Engg series, Published by John Wiley.
- A cost effective Smart Antenna for Mobile Broadband Applications. ISRO
Rs . 3.6. Lakhs-in progress.
- Design and Development of Dielectric Lens based on active smart array antenna for surface communication of Underwater vehicles., Naval Research Board, 40 Lakhs-in progress
- Guiding five research scholars.
- Excellency award from RSS Trust on 26 Jan 2006 in the annual get together function.
- Best Faculty award for the year 2010 from RVCE-Cognizant Technologies