List of Publications:
Papers Published in National and International Journals:
International Journal Publications:
- Machinability of hiduminum-corundum particulate composites, published by society of manufacturing engineering, Dearborn, USA in SME, 1994 no.EM94-153-1-11.
- Mechanical properties of as cast and wrought hiduminum/corundum particulate composites published by Materials, Design Journal, vol.16, No.3, 1995 pp.151-154.
- Properties of cast and wrought hiduminum/corundum particulate composites published by Journal of Materials of Science and Technology, vol.11 1995, pp171-175.
- Parametric studies of hiduminum/corundum particulate composites, published by 1994 year of SME, Singapore Chapter.
- Hardness, wear resistance and fracture toughness of hiduminum/corundum particulate composites published by journal of Material of Science and Technology, vol. 12, 1996, pp.357-360.
- Effect of using hiduminum/corundum particulate composites as a substitute material for blade manipulators, published by Key Engineering Materials-MMC/CMC, vol.104-107, 1995, pp.8
National Journal Publications:
- Durability of Zinc / Graphite metal matrix composites, published by NML Technical Journal Vol.38. No.3, July – Sept 1996, pp 127-131.
- Machinability of Zinc alloy based particulate metal matrix composites, published by NML Technical Journal Vol.38. No.3, July – Sept 1996, pp 107-111.
- K.M.Narayanappa, R S kulkarni, M.Krishna, HNN Murthy Investigation of physical properties of Functionally Graded Materials using centrifugal force, "International journal of Emerging Technologies and Applications in Engineering Technology and Sciences", Vol.2 (2).
- K.M.Narayanappa, R S kulkarni, M.Krishna, HNN Murthy.Development and processing of wear properties of Functionally Graded Materials by centrifugal casting technique, "International journal of Emerging Technologies and Applications in Engineering Technology and Sciences (IJ-ETA-ETS)", ISSN: 0974-3588.
- K.M.Narayanappa, R S kulkarni, M.Krishna, HNN Murthy.Evaluation and processing corrosion properties of Functionally Graded Materials by centrifugal casting method. A new International e-journal named International Journal of Composite Materials and Manufacturing (IJCMM), (waiting for ISSN number) accepted for publication. It is under review. At Dr.M.G.R.University, Chennai.
- Blade manipulators in channel flow, International conference on Turbulence management and relaminarization held at IISc, Bangalore
- Wear properties of Polyurethane Composites, National Seminar on Polymers and Ceramics held at GCE, Ramanagaram
- “Fluid Machines & Systems” for Mechanical Engineering
students, 2000 Edition, Pooja Publications, Bangalore.
- “Engineering Graphics”, 2001 Edition, Pooja Publications, Bangalore.
- Presently writing a book on composite materials for Prentice Hall of India (PHI).
- “Development of Aluminium Metallic Foam for Heat Exchanger Fins for Electronic Panel Applications”, 2008, Awarded by ARB, Principal Investigator-R.S.Kulkarni
- Played an important role as the faculty advisor for project Ashwa in mentoring the team and helping them achieve higher success. Team Ashwa focuses on design and fabrication of formula type racing car and has made five successful appearances in SAE international competitions held in Australia (2006), Germany (2007,2008) and Italy (2009,2010,2011) The team Ashwa was awarded the prestigious Young Achiever award by the Rotary International and Brigade group in 2007 for the teams outstanding success in international competitions.
- I was instrumental in starting the project Garuda RVCE Super Mileage which has so far built three prototypes for the SAE super mileage competition and Shell eco-marathon competition. These competitions focus on fuel efficiency of a vehicle and project Garuda has built one of the most fuel efficient vehicles in India. The project Garuda was the first Asian team to participate in an international competition in U.K. (2009) and for the outstanding effort they were awarded the most persevering team award by the jury.
The team Garuda was honored by the Rotary international and Brigade group with Young Achiever award 2008 for their outstanding contribution. Subsequently the team has made //more successful international appearances in competitions held in Malaysia (2010,2011).
- Played an important role in formulating team Vyoma of R.V.College of Engineering as their faculty advisor. The Vyoma team focuses on building Unmanned radio controlled Aerial Vehicles (UAV). The team Vyoma happened to be the first Indian and Asian team to participate in an international Aero Design competition conducted by SAE in USA during 2008. The team did exceedingly well and was awarded a certificate of merit. They made their second appearance in the competition in the USA in 2009 as well and further improved their performance. In their third attempt in 2011 the team Vyoma has done exceedingly well in the competition held at Atlanta (USA).
- As the faculty adviser of RVCE Mini Baja team, I played a key role in its first ever international competition held in South Africa during 2006. This team focuses on building an all terrain vehicle which can sustain all kinds of road conditions.
- Team Forza has been formulated in the recent past and I am playing an important role as faculty adviser here too.
- A group of enthusiastic students from RVCE have built a new team called Jatayu. As a faculty adviser I played a key role in their successful participation in the International Competition Australian outback challenge held in September 2009. The team Jatayu focuses on building autonomous aircraft.
- Played an important role in formulating yet another team RVCE Pushpak. This team has built a UAV and participated in the competition held in Brazil in October 2009.
- Awarded National merit scholarship during the year 1978 for performance in S.S.L.C examination.
- Awarded Kirloskar cash prizes for having stood 1st in school during the SSLC exam and also for having scored highest marks in Science, Social studies & kannada.
- Awarded National merit cum means scholarship during Engineering course at Regional Engineering College, Surat
- Research award by UGC.
- Young Scientist award by DST