M.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)
|Course Type||Post Graduation|
|Duration||2 years (4 semesters)|
|Department||Department of Computer Science|
|Approvals||AICTE, Government of Karnataka|
About the Programme:
Department of Computer Science and Engineering has started this PG Program in the year 2004. The program is approved by AICTE and Government of Karnataka and is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Karnataka. In the current scenario of various computing devices, the importance of efficient computing with resource optimization is becoming more and more relevant. The need for advancements in architecture and integrating computer hardware, software, algorithms, data management, simulation etc., is being increasingly felt. It is in this context this program assumes relevance.
The curriculum is aimed to give theoretical and hands on in the areas of Advances in Operating Systems, Advances in DBMS, Computer Systems Performance Analysis, Formal Models in Computer Science, Advanced Algorithms, Advances in Computer Architecture, Computer Networks, Optical Networks, Advances in VLSI in the first three semesters and a host of elective subjects like Advances in Digital Image Processing, Computer Graphics & Visualization, Topics in Artificial Intelligence, Protocols Engineering, Advances in Storage Area Networks, Advances in Compiler Design, Information Security etc. Students have opportunity to work in advanced areas like Data warehouse, data mining as the department has projects funded by Government agencies and companies like Wipro.
Programme Eduation Outcomes for M.Tech CSE 2014 Scheme
- Post Graduates will have enhanced analytical and computational skills to solve problems of the real world.
- Post Graduates will exhibit professional ethics and effective communication skills to perform in teams and will acquire leadership roles.
- Post Graduates will be effective leaders with technical expertise that drives innovation, communication and collaboration skills to inspire and guide interdisciplinary groups and adapt to constantly evolving technology.
- Post Graduates will continue to learn and apply research methodologies to solve challenging problems with social relevance for the growth of the nation with sustainable and inclusive technology.
Programme Outcomes for M.Tech CSE 2014 Scheme(Based on the Graduate Attributes of the PG programme of the NBA)
The post graduates of Computer Science & Engineering of RVCE will be able to:
- Enhance knowledge by evaluating, analyzing and applying principles of mathematics, computer science and engineering with a global perspective.
- Explore complex problems with a research perspective by design, analysis and simulation to interpret real world scenarios.
- To solve engineering problems effectively, individually and in teams, to accomplish a common goal considering public health & safety, cultural, societal and ethical factors.
- Extract and analyze information for solving problems by applying research methodologies, technology& tools and contribute to development of scientific/technological knowledge.
- Explore, select, learn and model applications through use of modern and state-of-art software/hardware tools.
- Recognize opportunities and contribute synergistically to multidisciplinary scientific research through teamwork and effective decision making to achieve common goals.
- To communicate confidently regarding complex engineering activities and be able to comprehend, make presentations and to write effective reports by adopting the required
- Demonstrate leadership skills and apply management principles to projects effectively considering economics and financial aspects of the project.
- Commitment to improve knowledge and competence with enthusiasm to engage in lifelong learning.
- Take up responsibility for community contribution to acquire professional and research ethics, intellectual integrity to achieve a sustainable society.
Eligibility: Candidates who have acquired BE/B.Tech/AMIE or equivalent degree in Computer Science / Information Science / Electronics & Communication Engineering / Telecommunication Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering by securing not less than 50% marks in aggregate are eligible. However in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Group, the aggregate percent of marks in qualifying examination should not be less than 45%. The admissions are through central counselling on the basis of merit in PGCET or GATE. A few seats are also available under sponsored and Management quota. GATE qualified candidates are eligible for scholarship through AICTE.
Infrastructure: The students are required to learn through hands on in various laboratories in the department, namely, Research and development lab, CISCO Lab, High performance computer Lab, Cloud computing Lab, Network simulator Lab.
Areas of Research: The students will get an opportunity to participate in projects related to, but not limited to Natural Language processing, Data Mining and Business Intelligence, Image processing, Clustering, Multicore processing, High performance computing.
Placement opportunities: Students will get placement and internship opportunities at IBM, HP, Microsoft, Cognizant Technologies, Tata Consultancy, WIPRO, Oracle and many more.
M. Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering)
|Dr. N. K Srinath||Professor and Dean|
|Dr. Shanta Rangaswamy.||Associate Professor|
|Mrs. Azra Nasreem||Assistant Professor|
|Click here to View Computer Science Engineering Department Faculty Details|