|CARV - KANNADA
CAT Student Coordinators:
1. AISIRI M R
Phone : +91-8050385929
Email : email@example.com
2. SNIGDHA TUTIKA
Phone : +91-7075495190
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
3. MADHUSUDHAN LN
Phone : +91-9148315123
Email : email@example.com
4. MAYANK AGARWAL
Phone : +91-8340696957
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Cultural activities are an integral part of students’ college life. Students participate in the cultural activities for a wide variety of reasons: for enjoyment and entertainment, for personal growth and development, as a means of expression, to learn new skills, to meet new people and to pass on the cultural traditions. R V College of Engineering has a rich heritage of nurturing, nourishing and showcasing talents in the fields of cultural, literary and fine arts.
Structure of CAT
RVCE CAT is headed by Principal / Vice Principal, aided by the Heads of various departments, Cultural Activity Committee, CAT Secretaries, the student presidents of different clubs and the student volunteers.
Objectives of CAT
- The main objective of the CAT is to bring out the various talents of the students.
- To provide a platform for budding artists and musicians
- To inculcate team sprit and to account for overall personality development of students.
Motivation To Students
- RVCE CAT motivates students by giving full support (financially and academically) for participation in national and international events.
- Students are encouraged to participate in the activities by providing the necessary instruments and other props.
Gandhian Principle and Value Based Education Center
Founder Director: Dr. S.C.Sharma, Principal, R V college of Engineering
Gandhian principle and value based education center is another important branch which comes under the purview of R.V. Social Service and skill promotion of this center. Free from the defects of modern education, this sub-center has been started with basic objective of imparting education in truth, Non-violence, righteousness, Dharma, Justice and ethical values. This center by collective thinking and through guidance, has set right the social evils and practices like addiction to intoxicating drinks, smoking etc. By this step, thousands of families have derived the benefit.
This center struggles boldly for social justice and against the suppression of the down trodden and the weaker sections of the society. By giving various training, the center has been keen in doing social service through rehabilitation to the people suffering from leprosy and those released from prisons. Through NSS of the centre, street dramas are being staged by engineering students to create awareness regarding cleanliness to the rural people and to those who dwell in slums.
This center in order to provide suitable measure to the children for their educational problems at international level, the director of social service and skill promotion center has participated in the international level discussion program conducted by Japan Arigoto Foundation in May 2000, at Tokyo the capital city of Japan and at Geneva, the capital of Switzerland in May 2004.
This centre has been carrying on many projects relating to education, Environment, social and economic projects and also projects pertaining to women.
This centre is giving information to AIDS related diseases, another important programme to impart knowledge to the youth in blood donation, thereby holding many camps once a year by them. About one thousand to two thousand students are donating blood to the needy.
This is centre is lending eye sight by undertaking eye operation to the people of rural areas, to the harijans and those who dwell in slums. The doctors of this centre are giving free treatment to the people of surrounding villages and especially to those affected by contagious diseases through literacy campaigns. The centre is providing adults of the villages, knowledge of literacy
Various Government, Private agencies and NGOs have Instituted merit and merit cum means scholarship.
- National Merit Scholarships
- S.J. Jindal Scholarships
- NCERT Scholarships, New Delhi
- Tata Steel & Iron Co. Scholarships
- Al-Ameen Scholarships
- Foundation for Academic Excellence & Access (FAEA)
- Rotary Club Scholarships
- Govt. of Karnataka, Special categories
- North Eastern Council Secretariat, Shilong
- DTE Vocational & Industrial Training, New Delhi
- Director of Higher Education, Nagaland, Kohima
- Infineon – Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engg.
- L.G. Software Scholarship – Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering (PG)
- GE Foundation
- Prerana Foundation
- RVCE Alumni
- Arunodaya Trust – Telecommunication Engg. and Electronics & Communication Engg.
- Guru Charitable Trust
- ‘Sarthaka’ Trust – Civil Engineering
- Brigade Group – Civil Engineering
- Pragnya Trust
- Computer Training for the poor and underprivileged women under Centre for Women’s Empowerment & Skills Training (WEST) program.
- R.V.C.E. also runs programs for school dropouts under Centre for Social Service and Skills Promotion (SKIP) program
- Programmes for employees of corporate / Research organizations under continuing education / proficiency programmes